We really didn’t have to listed to the State of the Union message to know what Obama was going to say. We knew what we would hear before the speech was made, because Obama said pretty much that same things that he said last year. We know who Obama is now. We know he is an anti-capitalist. We know he doesn’t respect the private sector at all. We know that he believes the way to get our economy back on track is to force industry and the private sector in general to do it his way. We also know that Obama is a slow learner. Reality does not change his approach. He is going to do and say what he is going to do and say regardless of the outcomes that result from his words and actions. We know that failure of his policies to work will only cause him to look for someone else to blame for the poor outcome.
Obama’s speech seemed to mirror last years speech. He still doesn’t understand what is going on. Here are some of Obama’s proposals this year. See if it doesn’t sound like a broken record:
- Obama called for new job training programs
- He claimed the economy was starting to turn the corner to recovery
- He called for fairness in taxation
- He called for massive tax and spending increases
- He thinks we need to make government bigger
- He wants to stop the subsidy of oil and gas and instead subsidize green energy
- He told colleges to reduce the cost of tuition
- He told manufacturers that the need to come back to the United States
- He said we need immigration reform (think amnesty-though he didn’t say those words)
- He said we needed to in-source rather than outsource our jobs (He didn’t talk about the Keystone XL project that he really didn’t want to be part of the in-sourcing)
- He wants tax reform, but said nothing about the fact that our corporate tax rate is the highest in the world and is driving our industrial base overseas
- He thinks the federal government can fix education by rewarding excellence in our teachers and raising our educational standards
- He wants our clean air standards to become more stringent
- He kept talking about Warren Buffet’s secretary, claiming she paid a higher tax rate than Buffet did. (That is a lie.)
- He said I have, “approved fewer regulations in the first three years of my presidency than my Republican predecessor did in his.” (Unbelievable claim!)
- He claimed Obamacare relies on a “reformed private market, not a Government program.”
What didn’t he talk about?
- He didn’t talk about the failure of his stimulus to increase jobs and stimulate the economy
- He didn’t say anything about his failure to approve the Keystone XL pipeline project that would have been a great private sector stimulus to the economy
- He said nothing about Solyndra and the failure of subsidized green energy to survive without being propped up by government subsidies
- He didn’t mention that the Democrat party controlled Senate has failed to pass a budget for 1000 days
- He said nothing about his illegal appointment of 3 new members to the National Labor Relations Board
- He said nothing about the fact that 47 percent of the population pay no income tax
- He didn’t want to talk about his role in the 15 trillion federal debt which has increased 6 trillion on his watch
- He didn’t talk about the jobless rate or the fact that fewer Americans are working now than at the beginning of his presidency
Listen to the words of Governor Mitch Daniels (R-IN) in the Republican response to the State of the Union Address:
The percentage of Americans with a job is at the lowest in decades. One in five men of prime working age, and nearly half of all person under 30, did not go to work today.
In three short years, an unprecedented explosion of spending , with borrowed money, has added trillions to an already unaffordable national debt. And yet, the President has put us on a course to make in radically worse in the years ahead. The federal government now spends one of every four dollars in the entire economy: It borrows one of every three dollars it spends.
Has there ever been a clearer distinction between liberal and conservative ideas? Have we ever have a more liberal president? Have we ever seen a president that has been more destructive to our national economy? No, No and No. I am still convinced that Obama is trying to destroy our nation and then try to blame the failure on the private sector, corporations, the free market and Constitutional restrictions placed upon him. He wants to rebuild our nation in totalitarian model. He wants to be the ruler.
By the way, go look at Heritage fact check about the accuracy of 10 of Obama’s statements. He really isn’t telling the truth most of the time. We knew that.
Obama is the problem, not the solution.